Taste of Canyon Road Dinner Tour
Explore Santa Fe's most famous street on an early evening dinner stroll down Canyon Road
- Wednesdays and every other Sunday from 2-6pm
- Three course dinner with wine pairings included
- Our most intimate tour - all groups are capped at a maximum of eight guests
- Guide provides overview of the history of Canyon Road and an introduction to Santa Fe's vibrant arts scene
- $119/pp plus tax
- Call 505-395-0552 to book over the phone
- This is a walking tour. We will walk approximately 2 miles, so wear comfortable shoes! Also, some sidewalks on Canyon Road are narrow with uneven grading, so YOU MUST BE ABLE TO WALK 2 MILES ON NARROW, UNEVEN PAVEMENT to enjoy this tour
The Canyon Road Dinner Experience
Our "Taste of Canyon Road Tour" introduces visitors to Santa Fe's famous Canyon Road through its art, architecture, history, and food. We explore this beautiful and historically rich street by foot, learning how the neighborhood has transformed since the 1600s from a sleepy Spanish farming community to its current status as one of the country's largest and best-known art markets. We'll learn how Santa Fe got its start as a famous art colony in the early 20th century, and discuss how the city's art scene is growing and evolving today. Along the way, we'll sample food & drink from Canyon Road's diverse set of restaurants - from traditional New Mexican flavors to innovative new cuisine. Like all of our tours, what brings this tour to life is the stories behind the food & drink establishments that we visit.
- Discover Canyon Road's unique art, architecture, history, and food
- Meet chefs and restaurant owners. Learn their stories and what makes their restaurants and art galleries special.
- Hear from gallery owners about the inspiration behind Santa Fe's art scene
- Tours available on Wednesdays and Sundays from 2-6pm (private tours also available)
- Duration: Approximately four hours
- Departure point: Corner of Canyon Road and Paseo de Peralta (detailed directions included with booking confirmation)
What you'll be tasting
- This tour includes a three course meal with wine pairings, with a tour stop for each course.
- Past tours have included stops at (three stops per tour):
- Cheese plate with French wine at Café des Artistes
- Contemporary Persian cuisine at Milad Persian Bistro
- Chef's choice at El Farol
- Decadent homemade desserts and exotic teas at The Teahouse
Note: Restaurants and dishes may change depending on the day - we're constantly sampling new dishes!
Which Historical Sights you'll See
This tour focuses on the transformation of Canyon Road from an early Spanish agricultural settlement to one of the preeminent art communities and markets in the world. We'll see historical & cultural sites, including (please note we see these sites from street while talking about them - we do not go inside due to time constraints):
- Acequia Madre, Santa Fe's historic irrigation system still used today
- El Zaguan House (historic home dating from early 1800s; currently home to the Historic Santa Fe Foundation)
- Olive Rush Studio (one of the few remaining real adobe homes in Santa Fe, typical of homes of writers and artists that flocked to Santa Fe in the early 1900s)
- Several homes of prominent New Mexican artists
Or call 505-395-0552 to book over the phone