Taste of Canyon Road Dinner Tour
Explore Santa Fe's most famous street on an early evening dinner stroll down Canyon Road
NOTE: this tour officially launches in early-December. If interested, please contact us to request availability
- Every other Sunday, early evening (check tour calendar for precise timings)
- Three course dinner with wine pairings included
- Guide provides overview of the history of Canyon Road and an introduction to Santa Fe's vibrant arts scene
- $115/pp plus tax
- Call to book over the phone
- This is a walking tour. This total distance we will walk is 2 miles, so wear comfortable shoes! Also, sidewalks on Canyon Road are narrow with uneven grading, so you must be in good walking condition to enjoy this tour.
The Canyon Road Dinner Experience
Our "Taste of Canyon Road Tour" introduces visitors to Santa Fe's famous Canyon Road through its art, architecture, history, and food. We explore this beautiful and historically rich street by foot, learning how the neighborhood has transformed since the 1600s from a sleepy Spanish farming community to its current status as one of the country's largest and best-known art markets. We'll learn how Santa Fe got its start as a famous art colony in the early 20th century, and discuss how the city's art scene is growing and evolving today. Along the way, we'll sample food & drink from Canyon Road's diverse set of restaurants - from traditional New Mexican flavors to innovative new cuisine. Like all of our tours, what brings this tour to life is the stories behind the food & drink establishments that we visit.
- Take a walk through Canyon Road's unique art, architecture, history, and food
- Meet chefs and restaurant owners. Learn their stories and what makes their restaurants and art galleries special.
- Hear from gallery owners about the inspiration behind Santa Fe's art scene
- Tours available on Sunday early evenings (check tour calendar for timings and availability) (private tours also available)
- Duration: 3.5 hours
- Departure point: Corner of Canyon Road and Paseo de Peralta (detailed directions included with booking confirmation)
What you'll be tasting
- This tour includes a three course meal with wine pairings, with each course being a stop on the tour.
- Previous tours have included stops at:
- Classic New Mexican flavors at Caffe Greco
- Contemporary Persian cuisine at Milad Persian Bistro
- Wine tasting at Café des Artistes
- Decadent homemade desserts and exotic teas at The Teahouse
Note: these are examples from previous tastings - we're constantly trying new dishes and restaurants
Which Historical Sights you'll See
This tour focuses on the transformation of Canyon Road from an early Spanish agricultural settlement to one of the preeminent art communities and markets in the world. We'll see historical & cultural sites, including:
- Acequia Madre, Santa Fe's historic irrigation system still used today
- El Zaguan House (historic home dating from early 1800s; currently home to the Historic Santa Fe Foundation)
- Borrego House (example of Spanish colonial architecture dating to mid 1700s; currently home to award-winning restaurant Geronimo)
This tour officially launches in early-December. If interested, please use the form below to inquire about availability.
Or callto book over the phone