Santa Fe Historic Plaza Food Tour
Explore the historic Plaza area while sampling some of Santa Fe's best restaurants
- Thursdays and Saturdays from 1-5pm, Sundays from 2:30-6:30pm
- 4 tastings served with a side of historical context
- $79/pp plus tax
- Instant confirmation online or call 505-395-0552 to book over the phone
- This is a walking tour. This total distance we will walk is 1.5 miles, so wear comfortable shoes!
Our classic Santa Fe food & drink adventure. We will explore the downtown Historic Plaza neighborhood by foot while sampling the best in local food and wine. You will have a chance to sample classic New Mexican flavors, as well as get a taste of what’s new and exciting in Santa Fe’s food scene. Along the way, you’ll learn about the city’s long and fascinating history, with an emphasis on how Native, Hispanic, and Anglo cultures shaped – and were shaped by – the region’s unique (and delicious!) food culture.
Meet chefs, restaurant owners, and winemakers. Chat with them and hear what makes their restaurant special.
Tours available on Thursdays and Saturdays from 1-5pm, Sundays from 2:30-6:30pm (private tours also available).
Duration: 4 hours
Departure point: obelisk in the middle of the Santa Fe Plaza (precise directions including with booking confirmation)
NOTE: this tour is lighter on portions and may not be a full meal replacement for some. For those of our guests who want a more substantial tasting experience, we recommend you take our 3.5 hour "Off the Beaten Path" tour (includes one extra tasting stop).
What you'll be tasting
This tour includes three food tasting stops and a wine tasting stop. Past tastings have included:
- Mole and mezcal tasting at Sazon
- Cheese tasting at Cheesemonger's of Santa Fe
- Sparkling wine flight at Gruet Tasting Room
- Taco tasting at El Callejon
- Chef's choice at Eloisa
- New Mexico craft ice cream flight at La Lecheria
- Green chile cheeseburger sliders at Del Charro
Note: these are examples from previous tastings - we're constantly trying new dishes and restaurants
Which Historical Sites You'll See
This tour crams over 400 years of history into three and a half hours! You will learn about historical sights such as:
Santa Fe Plaza
Palace of the Governors
Cathedral Basilica of Saint Francis
La Fonda Hotel
Hotel Saint Francis (oldest hotel in Santa Fe)
What people are saying about this tour
Or callto book over the phone