Santa Fe Historic Plaza Food Tour
Explore the historic Plaza area while sampling some of Santa Fe's best restaurants
- Thursday through Sunday afternoons (times vary, view the calendar for latest availability)
- 5 tastings served with a side of historical context
- Available in a 2.5 hour or 4 hour format
- $69/pp (2.5 hr) or $90/pp (4 hr)
- Instant confirmation online or call 505-395-0552 to book over the phone
- This is a walking tour. This total distance we will walk is 1.5 miles, so wear comfortable shoes!
Our most popular tour, this is the classic Santa Fe food & drink adventure. We will explore the downtown Historic Plaza neighborhood by foot while sampling the best in local food and wine. You will have a chance to sample classic New Mexican flavors, as well as get a taste of what’s new and exciting in Santa Fe’s food scene. Along the way, you’ll learn about the city’s long and fascinating history, with an emphasis on how Native, Hispanic, and Anglo cultures shaped – and were shaped by – the region’s unique (and delicious!) food culture.
Meet chefs, restaurant owners, and winemakers. Chat with them and hear what makes their restaurant special.
2.5 hour "express tour": available on Fridays from 11am-1:30pm. Please note that due to timing constraints this tour does NOT include the "meet the chef / owner" portion that all of our other tours include.
4 hour "half day" tour: available on Thursdays, Saturdays and Sunday afternoons
Departure point: Santa Fe Plaza (precise directions including with booking confirmation)
NOTE: the portions on this tour are smaller than our two other tours. Generally most people find the tour to be a replacement for lunch. For those specifically interested in a full dinner experience we recommend looking at our Taste of Canyon Road tour.
What you'll be tasting
This tour includes four food tasting stops and a wine tasting stop. Past tastings have included:
- Mole and mezcal tasting at Sazon
- Cheese tasting at Cheesemonger's of Santa Fe
- Sparkling wine flight at Gruet Tasting Room
- Taco tasting at El Callejon
- Chef's choice at Eloisa
- New Mexico craft ice cream flight at La Lecheria
- Green chile cheeseburger sliders at Del Charro
- Chef's choice at Coyote Cafe
- Burritos, tacos or tamales from our favorite food carts on the Plaza
- Wine flight at Noisy Water Winery
Note: these are examples from previous tastings - we're constantly trying new dishes and restaurants
Which Historical Sites You'll See
This tour crams over 400 years of history into three and a half hours! You will learn about historical sights such as (please note we see these sites from street while talking about them - we do not go inside due to time constraints):
Santa Fe Plaza
Palace of the Governors
Cathedral Basilica of Saint Francis
La Fonda Hotel
Hotel Saint Francis (oldest hotel in Santa Fe)
What people are saying about this tour
Or callto book over the phone